Winners get cash prizes worth
FLC 2020 Results are out … Congratulations to all the Winners !!!
Why Participate in Championship
Strengthen your CV with Industry
Internship / Placement Opportunities
with Renowned Firms
Hands on Experience through Live Projects
Courses available at discounted
rates in the competion
Chance to win 15 Prizes
worth Rs 350,000
Year Long access to self paced
Gateway to the most
coveted Jobs in Finance
A National Level Competition for B-School students, the FinShiksha Learning
Championship aims to find participants who can showcase their skill in Financial Services
Finance Essentials – Banking & Markets
Get intro to the world of Finance & Capital Markets
Applied Financial Statement Analysis
Decode the story behind financial numbers
Finance Essentials – Banking & Markets + Applied Financial Statement Analysis
Get an intro into the world of Finance and Capital Markets and Decode the story behind financial numbers
Learn to build Valuation Models like an analyst
Your gateway to investment banking
Prepare for a career in Credit Research
Equity Valuation + Investment Banking
Learn to build Valuation Models like an analyst and Your gateway to investment banking
Equity Valuation + Credit Analysis
Learn to build Valuation Models like an analyst and Prepare for a career in Credit Research
Credit Analysis + Investment Banking
Prepare for a career in Credit Research and Your gateway to investment banking
Equity Valuation + Investment Banking + Credit Analysis
A comprehensive course pack for careers in Analysis and Investment Banking
Our Corporate Partners
Registrations Closed. You can still buy the courses outside the Championship.
FinShiksha Learning Championship
Results for Finance Essentials - Banking and Markets - 1st Year
|1||Likhit Vivek Chirumamilla||IIM Raipur|
|2||Rutuja Somani||Campus Awaited*|
|3||Dhruv Rekhi||IIM Rohtak|
|4||Prasanth Kanna||IIM Jammu|
|5||Divyansh Batra||IIM Trichy|
|6||Ashith P R||IIM Raipur|
|7||Dakshita Kumar||IMT Ghaziabad|
|8||Gomish Chawla||IIM Nagpur|
|9||Vaibhav Pundir||IIFT Delhi|
|10||Anshika Singhal||IIM Jammu|
|11||Pesala Manoj||IIM Kashipur|
|13||Srimathi S||IIM Trichy|
|14||Garvit Goyal||IMT Ghaziabad|
|North||Dhruv Rekhi||IIM Rohtak|
|East||Likhit Vivek Chirumamilla||IIM Raipur|
|West||Rutuja Somani||Campus Awaited*|
|South||Divyansh Batra||IIM Trichy|
* Campus Awaited - Through Maharashtra CET
Results for Applied Finance Statement Analysis - 1st Year
|1||Vishal Raj||IIM Kozhikode|
|2||Shreyaansh Gupta||IIM Calcutta|
|3||Hardik Goyal||IIM Shillong|
|5||Raja Shekhar Reddy P||IIM Calcutta|
|7||Rakshit Gupta||IMI Delhi|
|8||Himanshu Shingne||IIM Jammu|
|9||Gomish Chawla||IIM Nagpur|
|10||Tejas Bhute||Campus Awaited*|
|11||Vedang Sharma||FMS Delhi|
|12||Harshal Sutriya||SDA Bocconi|
|13||Arunabh Ghosh||IMI Delhi|
|14||Antriksh Vijavat||IIM Trichy|
|15||Shiva Rama||IIM Raipur|
|15||Riya Anand||IIM Trichy|
|North||Rakshit Gupta||IMI Delhi|
|East||Shreyaansh Gupta||IIM Calcutta|
|South||Vishal Raj||IIM Kozhikode|
* Campus Awaited - Through Maharashtra CET
Results for Equity Valuation - 2nd Year
|1||Vinay Mourya||IIM Bangalore|
|4||Vedanshu Dash||IIM Ranchi|
|5||Vikas Nagori||IIFT Delhi|
|7||Naga Sai Pramod Panda||XIMB|
|9||Vraj Shah||IMI Delhi|
|11||Ekta Mittal||IMI Delhi|
|12||Madhav Khandelwal||IIM Ranchi|
|13||Sahil Batra||IMI Delhi|
|14||Shivani Selvaraj||IIT Madras|
|14||Kushal Maradiya||DFS Delhi|
|14||Nipun Makhija||IMT Ghaziabad|
|North||Vikas Nagori||IIFT Delhi|
|South||Vinay Mourya||IIM Bangalore|
Results for Credit Analysis - 2nd Year
|7||Sai Pavan Rathnam||IIM Raipur|
|9||Sourish Roy||NMIMS Mumbai|
|11||Priya Choudhary||IIM Lucknow|
|12||Ambuj Agarwal||SIBM Bengaluru|
|14||Shirsha Chakraborty||NMIMS Mumbai|
|North||Priya Choudhary||IIM Lucknow|
Results for Investment Banking - 2nd Year
|1||Karanjot Saluja||IIM Raipur|
|2||Sugandha Agarwal||IMT Ghaziabad|
|4||Vikas Nagori||IIFT Delhi|
|5||Madhav Khandelwal||IIM Ranchi|
|6||Vinay Mourya||IIM Bangalore|
|7||Mohit Mittal||IIM Bodhgaya|
|8||Vasudha Tawri||IIM Lucknow|
|11||Raghav Savaji||IIM Bodhgaya|
|12||Nayan Patidar||KJ Somaiya|
|13||Chinmay Wadhwani||IIM Kashipur|
|14||Chakradhar Runku||IIM Kozhikode|
|15||Sourish Roy||NMIMS Mumbai|
|North||Sugandha Agarwal||IMT Ghaziabad|
|East||Karanjot Saluja||IIM Raipur|
|South||Vinay Mourya||IIM Bangalore|
FinShiksha Learning Championship is one of the largest competitions for B-School students aspiring to build a career in Finance. Every year, a large set of students enrol for our courses, learn, apply the concepts, complete the certification and compete in the Championship. The winners get cash prizes and an opportunity to get evaluated by top companies.
Registrations for the 5th season have closed now. More than 1000 students across 65 of the top B-Schools in India are participating.
A host of companies have also agreed to evaluate candidate profiles from the winners of the Championship.
Results will be declared on 18th Oct.
The following companies have agreed to evaluate top candidates from the FinShiksha Learning Championship 2020, subject to their requirements and recruitment policies.
- Allegro Capital Advisors will evaluate the top candidates from the 2nd year courses, and give a PPI (Pre Placement Interview) to selected candidates for a final placement opportunity their Investment Banking division, subject to their requirements and recruitment policies
- India Ratings will evaluate the profiles winning candidates in FinShiksha Learning Championship 2020 (top 3 in each course) from 2nd year for a final placement role. Candidates shortlisted post the evaluation will get a chance of an interview. The shortlisting and recruitment decisions stand with India Ratings, and will be subject to their requirements and recruitment policies
- PPFAS Mutual Fund will evaluate the profiles of the top 3 students in both courses in the first year, for a summer internship in their Research team. This is subject to their requirements and recruitment criteria, and the final decision with respect to the shortlisting and recruitment remains with PPFAS
- Kotak Securities agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates in each course in 2nd year for final placements – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. Kotak Securities’ decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
- o3 Capital will evaluate the profiles of top candidates in FinShiksha Learning Championship 2020 for internship / finals for their Asset management (Private Equity and Early Stage Investing) / Investment Banking division, subject to requirements and their recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted post the evaluation will get a chance of an interview. o3 Capital’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
- Carpediem Capital agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates in first year for live projects / internships – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. Carpediem Capital’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
- Siguler Guff India agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates in first year for live projects / internships – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. Siguler Guff India’s’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
- Zanskar Advisors agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates in first year for live projects / internships – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. Zanskar Advisor’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
- Sistema Asia Capital agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates in first year for live projects / internships – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. Sistema Asia Capital’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
- ePayLater has agreed to evaluate the resumes of the top 3 students in each course from 1st year for internships, subject to requirements and their recruitment criteria. Post the resume evaluation, if selected, the student will undergo the selection process. ePayLater’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
- HomeCapital has agreed to evaluate the resumes of the top students in each course for internships, subject to requirements and their recruitment criteria. Post the resume evaluation, if selected, the student will undergo the selection process. HomeCapital’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment”
- Mitraz Financial agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates in each course from 1st year for live projects / internships in their research division – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. Mitraz Financial’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment.
- Scripbox agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates for Internships and Final placements – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. The decision of Scripbox would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment.
- Cilix Capital agrees to evaluate the profiles of the top candidates in for live projects – subject to requirements and recruitment policies. Candidates shortlisted would go through the interview process. Cilix Capital’s decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment.
- Senora Advisors has agreed to evaluate the resumes of the top students in each course for live projects, subject to their requirements and recruitment criteria. Post the resume evaluation, if selected, the student will undergo the company’s selection process. Senora Advisors’ decision would be final in any matters of shortlists and recruitment
Winning candidates are defined as top 3 in each course. Some firms may choose to also evaluate candidates beyond the top 3.
Prizes worth Rs 3,50,000 to be won. For each course, there is a total prize money of Rs 70,000.
In addition, following benefits are available to the students.
Everyone who enrols
- Learns finance the way the industry expects you to know
- Gets a live project with FinShiksha, helping you apply the concepts
- Gets a boost in the preparation of some of the other competitions held by Investment Banks and Equity Research Firms across the year
- Gets resume guidance
- Gets interview preparation guidance, so as to make you well prepared for companies in your campus
- Gets access to video content for a period of 1 year
- FinShiksha will share names of candidates who finish the certification with companies in our network, so just in case they are visiting your campus, they may know about this.
In addition to all that, the winners get the following
- Get access to some of the internship / live project / final placement evaluation opportunities
- Get cash prizes
- Get a mock interview with FinShiksha, around your summer internship or final placement interviews
Frequently Asked Questions
- What benefits do we get when we enrol for this competition?
One of the key benefits is the application of what you learn in the courses in real life situations. If you would like to build a career in finance and want a deep practical understanding of the subject then this courses serve as a good starting point. In addition to the Certification process, and the benefits of learning the course, you also get help in a guided live project, and a mock interview and career counselling session with FinShiksha. Of course, there are cash prizes too!
- Are FinShiksha courses better than other courses?
Well, our answer would be biased 🙂 However, what we can say is that there are two definite salient features in our courses.
Firstly, the application of the learning to a real-life scenario using a guided live project.
Secondly, one of the key differentiating factors at FinShiksha is that we assume that participants come from differing backgrounds and have different expectations from courses. So, while the standard content remains the same, we try and give some exercises/additional videos to participants that help them with weaker areas. So, there is a degree of hand-holding even in a self-paced online program. And most importantly, the best part about our programs is the final online test. Its open book, and untimed. You can use all resources available to you. By doing this, we are making this as close to real life as possible. Do not know a concept – use a book, use internet, ask a friend, but in doing all this, ensure that you learn a new concept, even as you are attempting the final test. In all, we can vouch for a unique learning experience!
- Can I enrol for more than one course?
Yes, of course. There is no limit to learning. Also, should you really do well in both those, and get Certified in both those, you get to win a prize in multiple courses too.
- Can I take part in the competition without enrolling for a course?
Well, we are sorry but that cannot happen. Ideally, we are looking at someone who want to learn the analysis part and apply it in the project. The Learning is the primary reason, and the competition itself is a by-product of the learning. Hence it is primarily for those who would want to learn and apply. If you already know the stuff, no real reason for you to prove it.
- What is the broad process of the FinShiksha Learning Championship?
– The candidate enrols for one or more programs of FinShiksha – listed under your year. There are two courses for First Year students and three courses for Second Year students.
– Upon Enrolment, you get access to the program content.
– Candidate must go through all the videos and appear for the final certification test.
– Final online test occurs in batches – we conduct certification exam in monthly batches. The test is made available on Last Thursday of every month end. During FLC 2020 – there will be 3 slots to appear for the exam, basically every fifteen days. You can choose any batch to give the test.
– The final online test is open book. That means you can choose any material at your disposal to answer the test. The test is going to be more of practical in nature. While you are free to use the resources such as the internet and the videos, any plagiarism will invite some deduction in marks.
– Clearing the test (Scoring more than 60%) gives you the Certification.
– Once you clear the final test, you submit a live project as specified in the program outline. This can be mentioned in resume too. Separate email can be provided by us for the same.
– Combined score of the test (70% weightage) and the Live Project (30% weightage) decide the final winners’ list.
– Top 3 candidates for each course (total 10) are selected as winners – based on the combined score of the Project and the Certification. We publish the list of Top 15 highest scoring students in each course (total 75 across 5 courses)
– Hurray – The winners get the prizes, and everyone is a master of at least one area in financial analysis!!
– First Year winners will get a chance to appear for Live Projects as well as Summer Placement Interview. Final Year winners will get a chance to appear for Live Projects as well as Final Placement Interview.
P.S. – If you do not get certified in point 5 – do not lose heart. You get another shot at Certification in subsequent months post your attempt for the final test – Free of charge. However, you will not proceed further in the competition.
- Is this a team event or individual event?
This is an individual event. But students from same college do collaborate while analysing a company during live project. This enhances learning as one student is exposed to multiple sector and the team can use the same analysis in college projects or other outside competitions as well.
Just to give you a perspective, last year students who pursued some of our courses and completed the Live project won competitions like HOLT Valuation Challenge, HSBC Investment Banking Challenge, Finalist in MOSL QGLP Challenge, CFA Research Challenge.
Once again, you are free to use all resources at your disposal, but plagiarism will invite deduction of marks.
- How long do we have access to the courses?
You can access the courses for 1 year from your date of enrolment.
- How much time does a course require to finish?
Each course has 8-10 hours of video content, and some practical exercises. Along with this, a project is embedded into the course. To finish the course content, and the project, average time taken is around 25-30 hours.
- Can you participate in competition via other listed courses?
No. Because the companies which will recruit from us will require the skillset of Analysis and Modelling. Hence curated courses are part of Championship.
That doesn’t stop you from learning other topics. You could choose any topic, pursue it and we will provide the same support as we will provide to championship participants.
- Will this course be good in terms of exposure?
Again, we are going to have a biased answer. Just to cut short here, you could go through some of our blogs and YouTube channel videos. If you think the above two things did add any value, then course will definitely add value.
- What would be the dates and duration of the competition?
Early Registration Period: 15 Aug to 20 Aug 2020
Normal Registration Period: 21 Aug to 31 Aug 2020
Registrations Ends: 31 Aug 2020
Certification Exam Slot 1: 27 Aug 2020 – 30 Aug 2020
Certification Exam Slot 2: 17 Sep 2020 – 20 Sep 2020
Certification Exam Slot 3: 24 Sep 2020 – 27 Sep 2020
Final Project Submission: 5 Oct 2020
Result Announcement: 20 Oct 2020
- I have already enrolled for competition eligible course/Analyst program before August 2020. Am I eligible for FLC 2020?
Yes, you are eligible. If you are part of Analyst Program or Purchased 2nd year course (EV/CA or IB) and now in 2nd year of MBA or Purchased 1st Year course (Finance Essentials or AFSA) and now in 1st Year of MBA then you are eligible for FLC 2020.
General Programs Related Terms and Conditions
- The program registration is non transferable
- The program registration is non refundable
- Any technology issues have to be brought to our notice within the first 2 days of registration for the courses. Beyond that, any queries will only be entertained on a best effort basis
- The program content is a copyright of FinShiksha. Any unauthorized sharing or using of the content without prior permission from FinShiksha makes the perpetrator liable for legal action
- We do not provide any jobs. FinShiksha is a pure play education firm. Neither do we claim any help with recruitments, nor is that an aim.
Competition Specific Terms and Conditions
- Competition Result will be final, once published by FinShiksha. The decision of FinShiksha would be final with respect to the results, both in the Certification process and the Project
- Contents of the courses can’t be published elsewhere . Any such reproduction of content would be an infringement of copyrights of FinShiksha, and is liable for legal action.
- Only Full time MBA Students can take part in the competition. One year PGDM/MBA Students are allowed to take part
- Participants who have taken our course this year starting from March 2020 would be eligible to take part. Analyst Program students if they are currently in their second year will be eligible as well.
- Final test would be online, exam would be open book and needs to be completed in the suggested period.
- The test being open book allows you to use the internet as well. While you are free to use the resources such as the internet and the videos, any plagiarism will invite some deduction in marks.
- Participant would be allowed to take exam only once during contest. For re-appearing for a certification, he/she may appear for exam post our competition.
- Participant can enrol for more than one program.
- At the time of enrolment, participant must submit photo ID proof with College ID.
- Test would consist of open ended/subjective questions as well.
- For certification, student must score at least 60%.
- Final score would be a mix of test score (70%) and project score (30%)
- If two students have same marks then – his/her project score would be taken into consideration for ranking. If all scores are equal then both participants would be awarded with the same rank.
- In case of more than one participant for the same position in Top 3, the cash prize will be equally divided among them. For example, if in case there are two participants tied for first rank, then each of them will get INR 30,000 i.e. There will be no second position in that case. And cash prize of First and Second position is distributed equally.
- Payments for courses have to be made online. Once payment is made then under no circumstances it can be reversed.
- FinShiksha reserves the right to change/cancel the date of certification, in case of any unforeseen events.
- Any disputes arising will have to handled in the Mumbai jurisdiction
Career Opportunities Related Terms and Conditions
- For any interview opportunities – before taking up the opportunity, the candidate needs to connect FinShiksha to his/her placement cell.
- Students appearing for any such opportunity need to send their college id card copy or any document stating their year of study
- The candidates would also have to send us their updated resumes
- The candidates reaching this stage would be given a date and time for the interview, and they would have to make themselves available for the same. Rescheduling the Interview is not possible.
- If the candidates get a final or internship offer from any company post the process, and they accept it, they will have to opt out of their placement process. The acceptance will have to be time bound, and the time for this is at the sole discretion of the recruiting company. This will have to be done by sending an email to their placement cell with a CC to email@example.com.
- If the candidate already has an internship offer, they will have to divulge this to FinShiksha before taking part in any process. Also, if they get an internship offer from another company through the competition, and they accept this, they will have to reject the earlier offer. This will have to be done by sending an email to the earlier company with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any kind of opportunities, FinShiksha does not give a guarantee of any interviews or job offers. We are solely creating an opportunity, and the final shortlist or selection is completely the discretion of the company providing the interviews. FinShiksha will not intervene in the selection process.
- In the case of any kind of misrepresentation of information by the candidates, FinShiksha reserves the right to disqualify the candidate.
- Each company may follow their own process, which may include screening of resumes or written tests before the interview rounds.
- For all other opportunuties, FinShiksha is just going to forward the resumes of the top 30 candidates to the firms interested. It is solely the discretion of those firms to go ahead with any candidate in any process.
- In case of live projects, FinShiksha will be closely working with the candidate. The candidate needs to give an undertaking that he/she would be completing the live project, without which the candidate will not get this opportunity. Kindly note that the company offering a live project to top candidates is devoting its time and effort in the process, and would expect complete commitment from the student as well. Any failure on this part would be reported to the college placement cell and administration.
- In any other points not mentioned above, FinShiksha’s decision would be final and binding on the candidate.